Get Ready For Your Career
UVA Launchpad is an intensive, eight-week career readiness program that blends courses on leadership, critical thinking, and more with technical bootcamp training in areas such as cloud computing. It also includes a project designed to give students useful experience to reference in job interviews.
Why UVA Launchpad?
Eighty percent of employers say it's very important that recent college grads demonstrate the ability to apply learning in real-world settings.1 Launchpad build this type of experience by combining coursework with practical project-based learning.
Fill out the request for information form at the bottom of this page to stay updated!
- Online instruction
- 8-week program
- 6 undergraduate credits from UVA's College of Arts & Sciences
- Rising second-, third- and fourth-year students are eligible
- Students from other schools and universities are welcome
- Flat $3,700 program cost
What Will I Learn?
Students select one course from each of the following categories (all courses are 2 credits):
Liberal Arts Courses
- Ethics in the Digital World
- Talking and Listening with Presence
- Societal Breakdown and Cultural Repair
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Cloud Computing Fundamentals
- Aligning Professional Goals and Social Values
- Climate Summit: Communicating and Acting on Climate Change
COMPLEX PROBLEM SOLVING AND STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING
- Work with partner companies on a real-world project
Our Partner for 2023
We're glad to partner with Berkeley Research Group this summer. The company will create real-world case studies for students to work on during “Complex Problem Solving and Strategic Decision Making.”
About Berkeley Research Group
Berkeley Research Group, LLC (BRG) is a global consulting firm that helps leading organizations advance in three key areas: disputes and investigations, corporate finance, and strategy and operations. Headquartered in California with offices around the world, we are an integrated group of experts, industry leaders, academics, data scientists, and professionals working beyond borders and disciplines.