Get Ready For Your Career
UVA Launchpad is an intensive, eight-week career readiness program that blends courses on leadership, critical thinking, and more with technical bootcamp training in areas such as cloud computing. It also includes a project designed to give students useful experience to reference in job interviews.
Why UVA Launchpad?
Eighty percent of employers say it's very important that recent college grads demonstrate the ability to apply learning in real-world settings.1 Launchpad build this type of experience by combining coursework with practical project-based learning.
Both in-person and remote options are available for 2023. Fill out the request for information form at the bottom of this page to stay updated!
- Online instruction with an in-person option
- 8-week program
- 6 undergraduate credits from UVA's College of Arts & Sciences
- Rising second-, third- and fourth-year students are eligible
- Students from other schools and universities are welcome
- Flat $3,700 program cost
What Will I Learn?
Students select one course from each of the following categories (all courses are 2 credits):
Liberal Arts Courses
- Ethics in the Digital World
- Talking and Listening with Presence
- Empathy as a Skill for Leadership and Collaboration
- Societal Breakdown and Cultural Repair
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Cloud Computing Fundamentals
- Aligning Professional Goals and Social Values
- Climate Summit: Communicating and Acting on Climate Change
COMPLEX PROBLEM SOLVING AND STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING
- Online option
- In-person option